Today is Wednesday which means its a chemo day. Wahoo. Can you tell the excitement? Yeah it's not there. Never a fun time, but it will be alright. Hopefully God gives me the same strength as last time when I didn't need my anti-nausea meds at all and maybe this time the Christmas celebrations will give me some added energy.
Today is also the day that Lucas and Jo went back to Chicago. They flew in on Sunday and it was great to have them in town. (Lucas was the best man at our wedding and the 4 of us are very similar and have a lot of fun together). They wanted to come out to see us because when you find out one of your best friends has cancer it can hit you hard. I think it was really good for them to come out and for Luke to see that I'm doing well - heck - I can't wait to show off my head of hair to the nurses today. They told me it would be gone before my last treatment! Luke and Jo wanted to help out so they cooked meals for us while they were here, including a frozen meal so all we have to do is cook it. Sarah and I have been more than capable to do things around the house, but they insisted on helping and it was also really nice to not do the dishes every night but instead just relax a bit. And just like everyone - they loved Nikki.
Now Nikki is doing really good. Jo's parents have a golden and her mom said that a good trick to get Nikki to stop biting is to get some Benaca and then when she bites say "No bite" and spray her tongue. It isn't harmful but she definitely doesn't like it (I think the minty breath is better than her doggie breath...hehe). It's working too. It wont happen in just one day, but she is catching on and then will just need to associate what she can bite and what she can't.
Back to Luke and Jo. Sunday was kind of a long day with the Moran family Christmas party. Monday we went over to Leavenworth which was a lot of fun. Too bad it was cloudy so the mountain views weren't as good as they could have been. Jo really enjoyed it (of course since it is a bunch of cute shops) and a few times Luke looked at me and just said "you know we could be on a beer tour right now at Redhook instead of this store" - comments I would totally expect :-). Tuesday I had to go into work for some meetings and my annual review (which went REALLY well) but Sarah got to stay home. They did something to tire out Nikki because she was laying around all night.
Now like I said, today is 2B. Granted the cycle isn't done til 2 weeks after this treatment, but since the recovery hasn't been hard on me, I dont consider that too much. Which means we are nearing 2 cycles down - now the exciting part is that we are half way to getting our PET scan. It will be so nice to see that scan and not see cancer. And on that note...
I know for me, I have found myself at times getting back into my "normal routine of life" and I really don't want that to be the case. This has been a very eye opening experience and it has really touched me in many ways - including my faith. I am doing really good and I'm glad that I am. But I also know that I'm doing well because of all of the strength of the Holy Spirit and all of your prayers. I'm doing well, but I still need the prayers. Make sure to take care of yourself and your family in this upcoming Christmas Season, but I also ask for continued prayers for myself, Sarah, and Pip.
Keep praying!
Continuing to pray!! Merry Christmas to you, Sarah, and Nikki:)
ReplyDelete