
What is "pip" and why did this picture get posted? Great question with an even better answer. November 21-26 was a really difficult and challenging stretch for Sarah and I. It was the time between finding out for sure that we were pregnant and when we were able to actually tell our parents the great news. So with our newfound enjoyment of the iPhones we played around to see what apps we could find. Lo and behold, if you get pregnant, there's an app for that.
What to Expect has an app that helps you track the progress of the baby, how big the baby is, what is going on with your body, things dad can do to support mom as her body is changing, morning sickness is sustaining throughout the day, etc. And it always compares the size of the baby to a food. So when we first found out about it, the baby was the size of an orange seed. In my excitement I wanted to send Sarah an email about our precious little orange seed. So I went onto Bing, searched orange seed for a picture, and come to find out through Wikipedia, the technical name for an orange seed is a pip.
So I sent Sarah an email to tell her how much I loved her and to take care of our little pip. Well, as you could probably guess, the name stuck pretty quick and since we don't plan on finding out the sex we wont know if later we should call him/her sport or our little princess - Pip works for now. We are really excited for Pip to keep growing and eventually come out of the motherly home and grace us with joys (and some testing of the patience I'm sure).
But like I said, that was a week ago. We don't plan on changing the name each week from Pip to something else, but in case you were curious as to how much Pip is growing, please see the sweet pea below :-)

I can't wait to hold you Pip. You take care of yourself in the meantime and me and mommy will do all we can to keep you safe and healthy. We are praying for you and love you more than you will ever know.
No comments:
Post a Comment