A girl that I worked with at the Archdiocese of Seattle contacted me earlier in the fall. It was shocking to her that in less than a 1 year time period, she learned that I was diagnosed and treated for Hodgkin's lymphoma and now her brother, who is just one year older than I, was diagnosed this fall. Sarah and I had the opportunity to have Brian, his wife Christine, and Tanya over for dinner before he started treatment just to talk about our experience and "prep them" a little. Ever since, I've been following Brian's A Life of Brian blog about his experience. We've had a lot in common and, as with all patients, there are some things he is experiencing that I didn't, or vice versa. Yesterday he posted a blog on Waiting. The blog is about one of his experiences in the waiting room and I strongly urge you to take a minute and read it....
....
....
Seriously, click the link and read it....
....
....
Ok here is the link again. READ IT.
Thank you! It is horrible that parents have to go through something like that. It is horrible that a child has to go through that. As he said, it is bad enough that his parents/my parents had to go through with it. But then as Sarah can greatly attest to, it SUCKS being the person there to support. You feel so useless, you dont know what is going on, how to make things better, what is next, etc. As much of it just sucks, you know what it's like as the patient and you can deal with it. And most importantly, it is yourself. I guess it's easier to deal with the realization that all that poison shit is being pumped into you. But I'm so glad that it was me. Sarah shouldn't have to go through that. And now being able to hold my own little baby, I dont even want to type those words. I'll just say NEVER.
If you didn't click on those links you are missing out. This is quite possibly the best blog I've read in a long time.
READ IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment