So Wednesday was a long day at Group Health. First, meet with our oncologist Dr. Chen at 10:00 for Andrew's biweekly check-up. Then, spend several hours in the infusion room for treatment cycle 3A. This part of the day was not fun…even though we know that the drugs are killing the cancer cells and that each treatment is one step closer to being cured, it is still a very emotionally draining and difficult time.
But…then it was finally 1:30, the infusion was done. And we walked down the hall to check in for our first appointment with Diane Baskin, our Certified Nurse Midwife! We both really liked her and she seemed genuinely excited for us after hearing our story. We chatted for a bit and talked about my morning sickness and how to take care of myself, and then of course I had my physical exam…followed by our FIRST ULTRASOUND!!!
Pip was so cute and tiny, but you could see his/her head and torso, arms and legs, and the cord too! We were absolutely in awe seeing the little life that we've made, floating around inside his/her little home. Pip was kicking and waving, bopping around so active! As we stared in amazement at the little screen, we held hands and held back tears. It was absolutely amazing.
I've been wearing accupressure bands on my wrists for about a week now, and they do seem to be helping with the nausea. It's not perfect and I have still had to run into the bathroom to toss my cookies a few times, but it does seem to be better. But as long as Pip is happy and healthy in there, it's fine by me. Just look at the picture below…it's definitely worth it!

Pip's so beautiful!!! Congrats, you guys. I couldn't be happier for you:) Glad the wristbands are helping a bit - I may have to look into those...
ReplyDelete