Sunday, January 24, 2010

Halfway Point

So Wednesday was the halfway point for chemo.  Well actually the halfway point isn't until Feb 2 since my body gets 2 weeks to recover from the chemo.  This one was actually not as hard physically - but it hit me later.  Wednesday night I actually went out and cycled 5 miles.  Never expected to do that one.  Thursday I went into the office for a while, but Friday I was feeling pretty lazy.  Joseph was in town visiting so I felt bad about that one, but he was understanding.  Saturday I was doing alright and then today I felt kind of off again.  I was hoping to get out and bike today, and I bet I would have felt better if I would have, but I just couldnt get myself to get out there.  I did go out and tink around with my bike though which was enjoyable.  Maybe I'll try and get up early tomorrow morning.

On another note, Sarah has been feeling much better.  She has been gaining some weight, getting cravings for grapes, grapes and more grapes, and altogether feeling better for the most part.  I know I know we need to get some baby bump pictures up on this blog.  We will get to it.  Just be patient :-)

And then there is Nikki.  She is definitely starting to calm down already.  She is such a cutie.  She loves the Camp Gray blanket that my mom had made for me.  Sarah is often snuggled in it so I think that it makes Nikki feel close to Sarah.  She's such a sweetheart and we are lucky to have her.  I did learn that I wasn't supposed to run with her, so I'm not doing that yet.  Gotta let her little bones keep growing and get strong.

Well I wanted to get a quick update out, but we are pretty tired and probably going to get to bed here shortly.  I really should get out and bike - but I'll do without.  Keep praying!!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear sir... and you know as well as I do not to worry about Joseph, he's not someone you have to fight with to just sit still... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on my bloggy reading......AJ, you are awesome. Your faith just continues to inspire me and I can't tell you how great it is to read your words when I'm sitting here rather down-in-the-dumps. We need that sunshine around here--send it across the way if you could! Vitamin D has taken a nose-dive for sure...but this too shall pass! Groundhog Day, eh? I'll try to remember that date as a special prayer of thanksgiving for your precious life, my friend!!

    Hey Sarah--try tossing the grapes into the freezer. They are SO GOOD when they "pop" open in your mouth!! It's awesome, because the cold and the sweetness absolutely refreshes you. :) Glad to hear you're feeling better. I can't wait to see the belly pics!

    +JMJ+

    ReplyDelete