Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 LiveSTRONG Challenge - Seattle

Wednesday I finished Cycle 3a and I'm doing better than last time but not as good as the best time ever.  But still I'm feeling pretty darn good.  Actually came into work today for a meeting and other than slight nausea/acid reflux I'm doing well - and the normal fatigue.  But despite the fatigue I still wanted to get out for some exercise yesterday so I took Nikki for a walk and today I'm looking forward to getting on my bike - even if it is just a short ride. 

Speaking of riding I've made it official.  I've been doing some added research and found some added support throughout this battle.  There is a global group called Cyclists Combating Cancer that I joined and it already has been really helpful - just to hear the stories that others bring, their success, their understanding, and their support.  In fact, I made the decision today to join the CCC team for the 2010 LiveSTRONG Challenge here in Seattle.  There is a 5k and 10k walk and then they also have a 10-, 45-, 70-, and 100-mile bike rides.  I've registered for the 45-mile ride and we will see what the training will allow me to do.  I'm confident I can handle the 45-miles and if I can do more, well, I'll play that by ear.  The ride is on June 20th and I welcome any and all support that day and these days leading up to it as I finish my fight with Hodgkins and then continue to build back up my strenght and stamina.

That being said, this is a ride with meaning.  Cancer transforms your life and honestly, it picked the wrong 26 year old to mess with.  I look forward to this ride and others that help support the ongoing battle with cancer.  To that end, as a rider in the challenge I needed to commit to a fundraising goal of at least $250.  This is my first ride and its my first time asking for some financial help from my supporters so I decided to shoot for a goal of $300 (but also hoping I can do more than that).  If you are interested in donating you can do so through the fundraising site that was created for me and my team - http://seattle2010.livestrong.org/ajstein

Also, if you'd like to ride with us or donate some time on the day, please let me know and I can get you some resources on how to get involved. 

Most importantly, I'm going to be requesting your support - I understand that many people cannot contribute financially, but please continue to provide your moral and prayerful support.

Keep praying!

1 comment:

  1. I'll bet you get more than you goal. Two thirds of the way already!

    ReplyDelete