Sunday, November 28, 2010

Paying Jimmie Johnson's Paycheck

Twas an expensive weekend!  But that is alright, "you can't take it with you" - not that we plan on going anywhere anytime soon.  That being said, I think it's a good thing that we go back to work tomorrow because with the first full business day, the credit card charges will process through and the bill at the first 5 days of the cycle will shock me enough to get me working to pay the bills.  So what did we all spend our money on??

Well there was a gift - therefore I can't write it here - and it wasn't that much money.

Then, after being reprimanded for being Scrooge, I finally went to Fred Meyer and Lowes to prove to the little Steinbrecher elves that this Santa can get into the season.  5 strings of lights, a few power cords, and - hey I get something out of this too - a ladder I finally had all that was needed to get lights on the house.  Oh, I was jumping with joy to get on the roof and hang all those lights.  I think every husband counts down the days after Christmas until he can hang Christmas lights on the house.  But we do it anyway because of the smile it brings to the face of your beautiful bride.

However, on the multiple trips (5 total - not all for the lights), I spotted a few other things.  Sarah has wanted to make our house more "homey."  Apparently having a dog and a baby aren't home-worthy enough.  And I spotted some post-Black Friday sale items.  Sconces.  That's right, sconces.  Don't know what a sconce is?  Neither did I until I met Sarah but she LOVES them.  I picked out two and had a great idea where to put them.  She LOVED them...but then had second thoughts (lucky for her it was before they were hung).  But then I also noticed a TV stand and tower shelf - both which would be nice in the family room.  However, both which are probably the most sturdy pieces of furniture I've ever put together - not that they are bulky, it's just that the quality is there.  They look really nice.  We should get some pictures up to show you that it is nice.  Until then...just believe us, it looks nice.

Other than that, Mr. Meyer, you are welcome for making you a richer person.  Jimmie Johnson, you are welcome for paying part of your $5.7 million Sprint for the Chase winnings...just keep racing hard and winning and I wont switch to Home Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment