Poor miss Gabriella has her first head cold. With mommy going back to work and her starting daycare, I knew this would probably happen sooner or later. Still, you never can prepare yourself for how you'll feel that first time your baby is sick and miserable and you know that there is really not a whole lot you can do.
We were up almost every hour for half the night, and every couple hours thereafter. Poor little girl is so stuffed up that she has a difficult time sleeping or nursing. And then there's the coughing and gagging and spitting up from the congestion and post-nasal drip.
So we're trying to keep her nose clear with the bulb syringe but that pretty much just makes mommy feel like a mean bully. And no matter how much comes up, she still sounds all clogged up. So the humidifier is on round the clock and she gets to sleep in her vibrating bouncer so she can breathe better than flat on her back. Or in mommy's arms like she is doing right now.
It's no fun watching her struggle with just a little head cold. But it makes me realize how thankful I am that she is otherwise such a healthy little girl. And that I don't have to experience the agony of my child being seriously ill. So, I pray that Gabriella feels better but I also offer up our small suffering today for those families who undergo much deeper suffering every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment