Friday, October 22, 2010

Revised Riding Schedule

So I'm perfectly comfortable admitting now that I have a problem and an addiction.  The good thing is that it's toward something that helps me out.  I love cycling and thinking/dreaming of various rides.  However, this week we got some really bad news - Team LIVESTRONG is pulling out of Seattle for the Challenge series.  They have asked the city in the past for an alternative date (father's day and most cyclists are male) and since it is an expensive market, the return on the dollars invested doesn't warrant them to stay in the area.  BUMMER!  There is possibly a replacement location, though they weren't willing to speak to that on the conference call. 

The good news is that Sarah is all for taking a family trip to San Jose, Cali. next summer (next closest alternative).  And hopefully one of these years I get to Austin as well.  So we can work with that and make it a bigger trip where we visit San Francisco and might even be able to stay with the Vegas'.

My list of other rides is growing.  I think this next year might be a good one for training and rides (if Sarah approves) but then there are others that are just on my wish list.  Here is a bit of my list:

Chilly Hilly - February - 33 Miles on Bainbridge Island ~2500 ft (not sure if I'll do this since its only 33 miles)

Flying Wheels Century - June - Redmond - This will be my first "official" century (100 mile ride)

STP (Seattle to Portland) - July 9-10 - Just July 9 for me as I'll be doing the 203 in one day.  Hopefully with the other local LIVESTRONG guys

Livestrong Challenge San Jose - July - If they won't come to me, we'll go to the Challenge Series

Seattle Century - July - I'm not sure if I'll do this one, but I hear it's a pretty nice route and might get some new riding ideas/locations along the route

Ride 542 - September - This is the 24.5 mile ride up Mt. Baker - 4,300 ft elevation gain.  I thought about doing this, but knew I wasn't ready.  Next year I'll be ready.

Others on the "wish list"-
RAMROD - Ride Around Mount Rainier in a Day
RAGBRAI - 7 day tour across Iowa
Ride for the Roses/LSC Austin

Also, hopefully locally we will be able to merge with, or get something going for Team Livestrong next year.

Ride Safe and LIVESTRONG

No comments:

Post a Comment