Hey everyone,
Now here is not your typical post but it is just as important. As part of being in the LiveStrong Challenge in June (thanks again to all who have donated - I'm almost to my goal.. well kinda but I'll get there :-) ) I was able to get some complimentary LIVESTRONG bracelets. Right now I have about 25 adult size and 15 youth/smaller people :-) sizes.
The band is part of the "Wear Yellow Live Strong" educational program. The program is intended to raise money for cancer research, raise cancer awareness, and encourage people to live life to the fullest. Yellow was chosen for its importance in professional cycling, as it is the color of the yellow jersey worn by the leader of the Tour de France.
If you would like one please let Sarah or I know and we will get you one to wear with pride for all those you know who have or had cancer. One of the best ways we can continue to fight to the cure is increasing awareness. It affects far too many people.
Keep praying and LIVESTRONG!
AJ~
ReplyDeleteI was so sorry to hear about your news. Tanya Lange passed on the information for your blog. I don't know if we ever talked about my involvement with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training cycling program for many years but I met some incredible people - cancer survivors, people fighting cancer, cyclists with a motivation to help fund cancer research. Jimmy V has always been a favorite of mine since his can do attitude fueled his underdog Wolfpack team to the championship in 1983! The Livestrong event and the support you are receiving through it sound incredible. How is your fundraising going? God is speaking through your blog and my choice to come here today on the eve of Ash Wednesday and 40 days of Lent. God is telling me to get off my duff and get back on a bike. I will certainly be keeping you, Sarah, Nikki and Pip in our family prayers.
Tauno