Saturday, November 7, 2009

Thank you

Hey Everyone!
I just wanted to say thank you. The outpouring of love that myself and Sarah have received as well as that to our parents and families has been amazing and humbling. The prayers may not have eliminated some of the cancer to give us stage 1 like we were hoping, but they are giving us continued strength. These next 6-8 months are going to be hell but we are going to fight through and your prayers strengthen us and help me stay positive. That being said, please dont think we dont appreciate the messages and emails. Sarah and I are still processing all of this ourselves and we can't answer every voicemail, respond to every email, but know that we appreciate them and know how much they will help give us the added boost we'll need through these challenging times.

This has all greatly challenged me and my perspective on life. I used to look at the world as an ugly place because you see so much hurt in the media but I've found that through you it isn't - it is filled with love. I pray I wouldn't need a bone marrow transplant, but just as an example of love, we received and email from someone we dont even know saying he'd be tested to be a donor if it gets to that. People are caring and giving so don't doubt that. God is always with us.

We are hoping to start chemo on Wednesday because Sarah has the day off and could be there with me. We will keep you posted since that will be a scary thing and interesting to see how my body responds to those drugs.

Keep praying

1 comment:

  1. Hi AJ and Sarah,

    I just sent an email responding to yours earlier in the week -- sorry it took so long. Thanks for these updates. We are praying for you.

    God bless,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete