Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Operation Hydration

As I write this it is 8:41am and since the clock turned to 12:01 I've already gone to the bathroom 3 times. Seems to me like operation hydration is off to a good start. And we think that Nikki has to go outside often!! But I'm hopeful it will be well worth the extra exercise to the bathroom and slow, constant eating throughout the day to help my body absorb some of the added hydration. Over-hydrating helps to flush out your system. In other words it flushes me out a little bit beforehand and keeps you "well oiled" to flush the body of both the drugs and hopefully even a lot of the dead cancer cells.

So in prep it is good for me to super-hydrate (this also really helps the nausea side effects stay to a minimum), continue to eat healthy (also helps reduce things, keep me healthy, and keep the energy levels up), and today I need to go get poked so they can check my blood counts (likely there wont be much of a change now, but the further into treatment that I go, my white counts will go down which is why it is important for me to wash my hands 1 million times a day and stay away from sick people).

I'm really hopeful that this second treatment will go just as successful as my first treatment. I likely wont be as hungry for a big Thanksgiving feast and my energy levels will probably be running at 75%, but it will still be a WONDERFUL celebration with our family and A LOT to be thankful for.

Keep the prayers coming that treatment 1b goes well. After tomorrow I've got 1 cycle down and 5 to go. We are on our way to the cure and the prayers are working - they give me healing, strength, peace, and a positive attitude. St. Peregrine, pray for us.

Keep praying!

1 comment:

  1. SO good to see that positive energy and total reliance on prayer, AJ and Sarah. Happy Thanksgiving and God bless!

    ReplyDelete