Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quick Update

Yesterday and today were filled with some really difficult points but also really great ones. Yesterday morning I woke up at about 445 and finally just got out of bed at 520 because of the damn night sweats. Usually they aren't so bad and I'm able to just take the comforter off, cool down a bit, and still get a good night sleep. Yesterday morning when I got up my hair was sticking to my chest, legs, arms, the bed was extremely uncomfortably gross, and not fun. Maybe I should appreciate that I still have my hair (unless I dont lose it at all..who knows). But that was enough. If it weren't for this ugly thing inside of me I wouldnt be sweating at all. So I went into the shower and I'm not sure if more water came from me or the shower. But it turned out to be a good day since we sent out the email to our friends and the overpouring of prayers and support has been incredibly humbling. Not that I dont appreciate everyone's prayers but it was really cool hearing from a few friends who have been through this and the resources and sharing of their experiences is great. Last night I also took off the bandage from the biopsy. Nothing major, just have an inch long cut in my neck but its right on the shirt line so Doc did a good job.

Today I kept focused at work until we had some scheduling issues for tomorrow's appointment and I got a bit overwhelmed. But that was just a blip and I'll have those.

So I had my full CT Scan today which meant that I needed to be there an hour early and they brought me out what I'm calling Medical Contrast Smoothies. Its like a thick milky like thing that tastes like banana and they had a berry flavor. I was also told that I have really great IV veins. I guess that's a compliment and I dont mind since its less painful. Actually got back to work by 130 and since I went into to work an hour earlier than normal, stayed an hour later than normal I didn't even need to use any PTO today.

Then there was approximately 4:10. I thought I had another email from someone which makes me smile and is seriously so cool.. so much love in this world, but instead it was a message saying I have a new message in my MyGroupHealth mailbox. "What could that be?" I thought. So I went in - I now know my health insurance number as well as my SS and probably better than my phone number - and it was subject line "Your CT Scan." Now we can't get too excited because tomorrow is the PET Scan and cancer shows up on the PET before the CT but here is the email from Doc:
Andrew,

I reviewed your most recent scan. Your lymph node disease is all confined to your neck. I hope you have a good visit with Dr. Chen.

Michael Toubbeh, MD

So tomorrow will give more confirmation but preliminarily this means that we caught it early and it should just be Stage 1. Thanks for the prayers and support, look at that, probably just Stage 1 which means its already working. I asked God today to please just pull any that have spread back up to my neck and He did. God is good.

Keep praying
Andrew

1 comment:

  1. Fact--God IS good!! That's great news, AJ. We're still praying on this end; count on it to keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete