For just over a week and a half I've been on occasion getting an annoying dry, unproductive cough (remember those stories?). It has been really annoying and getting to me a bit mentally. I would breathe in and get this little tickle in my throat which reminded me so much of the sensation that I would get prior to diagnosis. Now, keep in mind, that I just had my 1 year and everything was clear. Finally I mentioned something to Sarah. Then last night, I brought up that I was going to ignore it until my birthday and if it still bothered me I was going to schedule and appointment. Then the scolding began... (just kidding it wasn't bad at all)
... Sarah came over, sat on my lap, and basically told me she would not entertain a pity party at all. "You are going to get sick from time to time. Tons of people get unproductive coughs, it has only been going on for just over a week, and I'm NOT going to put up with this for the next 65 years. You are fine. You had a clean scan just a little while ago, and everything shows that there is nothing wrong. So seriously... knock it off because you are fine, I dont want to hear about it... it isn't that I'm not being supportive, but I dont want to hear about it because it isn't true and I don't want it to get to you mentally."
Ok, ok, ok. I understand and I agree.
On another note...
We have been really busy lately, hence the lack of updates. But here are a few things that are going on:
- Lawn mower broke
- Work has been really busy
- Sarah got some really new cute scrubs
- Gabbie loves her swing and is enjoying the warmer weather
- I've been riding my ass off (in fact as I build up miles there have been a few rides where the last few miles my bum is going numb - that rhymes!)
- Nikki is great - although she has been causing trouble lately
- And look how stinkin' cute our little girlie is!
No comments:
Post a Comment