Tuesday, May 3, 2011

0.1%

Just after midnight on Saturday night I heard Gabbie fussing over the monitor.  I went to her crib and found she had thrown up.  Everywhere.  Poor little thing.  So we brought her in with us and in the middle of the night I started a load of laundry.  I came upstairs to find that she had thrown up again all over Andrew.  He cleaned himself up and she thew up all over me.  The laundry kept piling up as she threw up all over our comforter and then finally we mastered the art of the bucket.  Poor little thing.  It was a long night with me trying to give her small amounts of breastmilk at first and then pedialyte.  But at least we kept her out of the ER this time.  She didn't have a fever and in between vomiting she didn't seem nearly as miserable as the last time this happened.  When Sunday morning finally arrived she seemed her normal happy self full of smiles and curiosity.

So I chalked it up to maybe a food issue and a sensitive tummy.  We were supposed to visit my best friend and her premie twin boys on Sunday after church.  I told Andrew that I was 100% sure it was food and not viral but on the small chance I was wrong we wouldn't visit the babies.  He, being the numbers man he is, corrected me that I couldn't be 100% sure if there was a "small chance" I was wrong.  I conceded and said "ok fine, I'm 99.9% sure."  We left it at that.

Well, that 0.1% does matter.  I'm glad we stayed away from the twins on Sunday.  Just after midnight last night my stomach proved me wrong and I reversed my stand on the matter.  I'm now 100% sure that it was a virus Gabbie had because I have now had it too.  Though I guess I'm wimpier than my almost-9-month daughter because let me tell you I am absolutely not feeling like my normal self today.

And poor Andrew probably is a bit anxious now because it's probably just a matter of time before it hits him too.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, poor Mama and baby!! Being sick's the worst, especially when you have to care for a loved one in midst of it. Sending prayers that you both get well soon and that your hubby stays healthy!

    ReplyDelete