One of the biggest challenges right now in life is finding time to ride. The weather does impact my riding a bit, because as much as it isn't all that bad once you get out for a ride and get into some rain, it's very easy to put off a ride in favor for a run on rainy days. Also, it isn't as easy to just pick up and head out these days because my #1 job and passion in life is daddy-hood. That being said, Saturday morning was a nice morning. 50 degrees and dry. In fact, I could tell that there was a little moisture on the pavement, but it was nice enough to get out the summer bike - which reminds me, I need to clean it up and get some fresh lube on the chain.
Sarah wanted to head out for a few errands and it was about the same time that Gabs was down for a nap. So I told her not to worry about it that I'd just try to get a run in on Sunday. She knows how much biking does for me and even for our relationship so she wanted me to be able to go out. She is such a great wife!
She gave me a call when she was just on the Bothell-Everett Highway to tell me to get ready, and I had just enough time for a 13.5 mile ride. It had been a while since being on the road, and especially since being on the road on my carbon, so I decided to challenge myself a bit and I went hill hunting. Not sure of the total elevation for the day, but I was happy with the way that my legs and lungs kept up with me.
Hopefully as the days start getting a little bit longer, the weather will start cooperating more often as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment