Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Handwritten Letter

Yesterday we got home from Costco and picking up my car from getting new tires and I took my daily/every other day trip to the mailbox.  Junk, junk, more junk, bill (which to me is junk), and even more junk.  Then, hey, what is that, it's an envelope from the Martinek's (previously noted on our blog- Life on the Road).  Often times we receive post cards from them on their various stops across the country - or even at times hate mail like when Deb (a Buckeye fan - pray for her soul) sent an OSU postcard before the Michigan/OSU game.  However, this time it wasn't a post card, it was a letter.  Not any letter, a hand written letter.  People still do that these days?  I thought stamps were only used for Christmas photocards and bills for small companies without billpay options.

Just kidding, but I really can't recall the last handwritten note I've received.  It was an incredibly nice letter that they wrote to us and even though their "Seattle stop" of their dedicated LA-Portland-Seattle route is Kent and we are north of Seattle, we sure hope to meet up with Deb and Ben soon!

One part of the letter was particularly intriguing for me.  They know that I love cycling and hailing originally from Bend, OR, they know that Bend is a great cycling town.  "We would love to host you down in Bend for a ride and get to spend some time with you."  Well, Martinek's, I did some searching and came across the Tour des Chutes.  It is on July 16.  Are you guys going to be in the Bend area?  Do you know that far ahead?  I'm free without any rides that weekend and I'd be willing to drop one of my other "lesser" rides to make the trek to Bend, see you guys, and support a ride that benefits LIVESTRONG.  Now it is up to you, you need to convince my other 2 women, primarily the one with the ring on her finger (the one with her fingers in her mouth comes where we take her).

I'm intrigued and up for the challenge, are you up for the challenge of encouraging Sarah to further endorse my craziness?!

Most of all, THANK YOU, for the letter and all the prayers/support!

1 comment:

  1. We are SO in! And, by the way...we will occasionally deliver in Everett, and there is a truckstop fairly close to there and to you (certainly much closer than N Bend)! We're excited to have you come down!

    ReplyDelete