Friday, July 8, 2011

Mmmmmmmm

Ok so I need to change my ways and my "standard response" in the near future I think.  Typically when people ask about our "home life" I'm always able to say that I do the cooking/grilling and Sarah does the baking.  Ever since we met Sarah has always needed to use a recipe and didn't like that I never do.

"I just mix in a little bit of this and a little bit of that, hun."  "But how do you know how much or what goes together?"  "You just do after trying out somethings."

Sarah NEVER liked that dialogue because it just frustrated her and she was too nervous to make a mistake.  Well recently she has become more daring and MAN CAN MY LITTLE LADY COOK!!!  I believe she recently posted about her homemade mac 'n cheese and just the other night I was mowing and trying to figure out what to do for dinner, came in and she was doing a little mixing and matching and made a DELICIOUS, super healthy veggie bean salad with a vinaigrette.  It was so good and I'm so proud of her.  She will get some ideas from various recipes and cut out the unhealthy stuff and figure out how she can incorporate some stuff that is better for us.  And it is sooooooo good.

No more of this "I'll be the cook now and when the kids are older and want the blah/plain stuff like sloppy joes, spaghetti, etc. you can do that."  The discussion is more like, "this is awesome, Gabbie is hopefully going to grow up with a diverse set of taste buds and with our emphasis on veggies and natural food she will be a healthy little girlie."

Seriously, the mac 'n cheese - NO ONE can make a better mac 'n cheese than Sarah.  I dare you to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment