That's right, we are talking about feet. Disgusted? Dont be. We are talking about Gabbie's feet. What could ever be disgusting about her teeny little baby toes.
But, seriously, first step: clean out toe jams
That is what I've recently discovered I need to do when changing Gabriella's diaper. It's not that she has a lot of fuzz accumulating between her toes, typically there is nothing, or just one or two "jams". However, our little Gabbiegirl has reaffirmed that she knows those things down there are her legs and her feet. What she has added to that realization is that sometimes it is fun when daddy will come up to her and nibble on her toes. That girl loves to giggle.
That being said, call me gross because a few times I've realize after the fact that I got a fuzz in my mouth, but the "first step: clean out toe jams" isn't a reminder for me. Gabs, I think, is hopeful that she can make herself giggle just as much! Not only is she our little ballerina, but I'm wondering if she is going to be our little gymnast because she loves reaching down (as well as lifting her legs up), grabbing her feet and putting her toes in her mouth. It is actually rather cute and funny.
However, have you ever tried to change a diaper when the baby's feet were up at her mouth? It isn't that easy. Therefore, this happiness, screams, and giggles turn to minor fussiness when you take her feet away from her to change her. I always ensure her that I'm just borrowing her feet and she can have them back when I'm done.
I wanted to get some pictures or a video tonight because she was having so much fun, but since mommy wasn't home, I didn't want to leave her on her changing table to go get the camera. Safety first. Trust me, though, it was cute and we will try to get some "footage" up on the blog shortly!
Updated with some footage from Sarah!

No comments:
Post a Comment