Saturday, March 27, 2010

Slept like crap

Slept like crud again last night. Don't know what it was but it wasn't a good night sleep - that is for sure. Fell asleep downstairs on the couch and was able to get to sleep relatively easy but then tossed and turned throughout a better portion of the night. Maybe it was some added anxiety of wishing that my systems were back to normal and wishing that I couldjust be healing. Part of it was just wanting to cuddle with Sarah and missing times like that. Maybe it was the beer I had and my liver just isn't quite ready for 20oz just yet. Could be but it still tasted darn good and maybe even made me feel back to being normal again.

Who knows. Maybe I'm just in a little bit of a funk because I only have two more treatments left but since we got the PET results some people sem to think that everything is behind us. The worst is but still the battering of my body and side effects of chemo are taking their toll. Can't celebrate yet. Hopefully by April 27th all systems will be 'go' and it will be home free.

Almost there but in the meantime a better night of sleep than last night would be preferred. Maybe today I'll just push myself to 30 miles right away so that my body just wants to rest tonight. I'd be fine with it as long as nothing is lingering from that respiratory virus. That was really no fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Easier said than done, I know, but try your best to keep your eye on the prize. You are SOO close to that finish line! Trust in God to bring you peace in the meantime - I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleh...hope you're feeling better soon! Could it be an air pressure thing? I've found that air pressure changes (and what they do to my sinuses/allergies) really mess up my sleep schedule.

    ReplyDelete