Saturday, May 9, 2009

What have you been up to lately?

The answer to that question is rather complex. Sarah and I have been a bit distant from here for a while now - somewhat intentionally. So let me just clarify before you start wondering - no we aren't pregnant :-).

But we have been spending money lately. Last weekend we decided to make a bit of an expense. We weren't sure if we were going to but we were on our way home from Snohomish and went to the auto dealership. Intending on looking at one car, we looked a few others. Then as any wife would, Sarah had to scold me and tell me to stop drooling over the 2009 Z06 Vette in the show room. I tried to convince her that it wasn't too much out of our price range and that if she was forced to, she could learn to drive my Civic really quickly. After trying and trying, we compromised and I did what she wanted and stepped away.

So then we were going to look at a car that was at their "sister dealership". So trying to be a good salesman (that's a whole other story on how happy I really was in the end), he drove us in one of their vehicles to the other dealership. As we were driving I said, "Sarah, what do you think of this?" She didn't seem so impressed or happy. But for some reason I was really connecting to it and had looked at a few online too. So after a while, we got ready to drive back to the other dealership. I got behind the wheel to take it for a test drive and it rode pretty nice too. So, long story short, back into auto debt. Wanna guess what kind of car we got? Now just remember, I was first looking at an '09 Z06 Corvette and I said we compromised.

Interested in guessing?

Well if you guessed a 2006 Chevy Aveo LT you got it right!! This is the newest member of our little family. Cute little lady don't you think? Definitely an economy car! Great gas mileage and it even has some character. Definitely isn't much of a "muscle car". In fact, when you lock the doors, it chirps. That's right folks - chirps.


So you may be asking yourself, "why the second car?"

No comments:

Post a Comment