Saturday, August 13, 2011

Party!


We had Gabriella's first birthday party last weekend.  As you can see above by the big grin, I think she was excited for it to start. She had lots of friends and family there to celebrate that she is a whole year old now.  And she was not shy about letting people know that she is "SO BIG!" now :)



I made another banana cake for the party.  The healthy one on her actual birthday was yummy but also definitely more similar to a banana bread.  The cake I made for the party was even more yummy but also even less healthy.  I wanted to make one that was a bit lighter, fluffier and cake-like.  I found this recipe and gave it a try.  It's a bit unconventional in method (cooking temp of only 275? put it straight in the freezer?  I'd never heard of such a thing!) but wow did it pay off.  It was delicious and I got a lot of great feedback (not just from the birthday girl, though she did enjoy it a lot as you can see below).

Gabriella enjoyed opening her presents.  Well, she opened a few of them.  Her bigger cousins helped her out with the rest.  It turned into quite the wrapping paper frenzy for a few minutes as the girls tore threw all the ribbons and paper and bags to find all of Gabriella's new goodies - clothes, toys, books, and more!  She is a very blessed little girl to have such generous family.

Everyone had a great time enjoying good food, conversation, laughter, and just celebrating one of the world's happiest little kids.  We are grateful to all our family and friends who came, and to all those who couldn't make it but nonetheless have been a big part of Gabriella's life in the love that they give her.   She is a very blessed little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, how cute is she??! Congratulations on your little girl's first birthday - looks like such a fun party!!

    ReplyDelete