Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Dada Dada Daaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Those must be the cutest words/sounds I have ever heard when leaving in the morning.  Tuesdays and Wednesdays are almost becoming my least favorite days of the week.  Monday, Thursday and Friday Sarah works so she drops off Gabs at Colleen's to play with her cousins for the day.  Because of Sarah's schedule, I try to make sure I dont have any meetings before 8 so that I can get her out the door by 7 and then worry about myself.  I get dressed (typically meaning put on my cycling clothes), realize I'm later than I had hoped, get Nikki inside, look at the time again and realize my motivation to keep an average of 21+mph on the way to work.

Sometimes on Tuesday and Wednesday I'm able to get up quietly and sneak out without the girls (exception being Nikki) noticing.  However, recently Sarah has been getting up with me, and since Gabbie is doing better sleeping through the night (previously she needed a full belly at 5 which kept her sleeping until about 715-730) she wakes up about 615-630.  That means that by the time I had a little breakfast, brushed my teeth, and got my bibs on, Gabbie is in her chair eating breakfast.  This has delayed my departure the last 2 days.  Why would I want to go to work when I could chat with my little girl and feed her breakfast.  The rational side of me comes out (aka the reminder of the mortgage bill) and I head out the door.  But I can't just head out the door.  It is fun to forget things so that I get to give her another smile and sneak another kiss, and even better is her reaching over the back of the chair, waving with her entire arm and yelling  "Daaaaaaaaaaa  Daaadaaa  Dada Daaaaaaaaaaa" or any variation.

I really should update this next week with a picture of the cutie in her PJs smiling back at me.  Just add it to the list of reasons that being a parent is such a blessing.  That same smiling face makes it just as easy to want to leave the office early if I'm able to sneak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment