While Andrew was out cycling the 70-miles and my cousin Claire was cycling the 45-miles, I walked the 5K with my Aunt Beth. My brother David and his wife Ashton, as well as her brother CJ and his girlfriend Emma also came down to see Andrew and Claire off and then they ran the 5K. My parents made the drive down to watch him cross the finish line as well. I know that many more people, especially Andrew's parents and sister Chrissy, were cheering him on in spirit and wished that they could be there.
Claire surprised us last night with a gift she made for me to wear today: a white t-shirt with a teddy bear over the baby bump bearing the words My Daddy Is A Survivor. Our little Pip brought to us so much hope during Pip's daddy's battle so it was an awesome feeling to proudly show that off to everyone at the event. Oh baby was it a big hit! Comments and pictures and smiles all day long.
.jpg)
I'm sure Andrew will be writing a blog soon about his ride and I will let him share all those details with you because that part is his story to tell. I just had to share how amazingly proud I am of him.
So speaking of pride and that bundle of joy that is soon to be here...I want to wish a Happy Father's Day to my husband. Pip and I love you so much.
Happy Father's Day as well to my dad. Thank you for being such a dedicated dad to stand next to me in the pouring rain supporting my husband and his new-found passion.
Happy Father's Day also to my Midwest dad. Thank you for raising such an amazing son and for all the love and support you give us even if it has to travel many miles.
Happy Father's Day also to my brother Matt, brother-in-law Josh, my grandpas and all the dad's out there.
Sarah that is such a cute t-shirt and story! I am so proud of my brother and so grateful that he has such a wonderful wife that helped him through his struggles. You are so supportive and I'm so happy that you are my sister in law! I can't wait to come see you all in a few months. Best of luck as you continue your pregnancy. I can't wait to hear the news that Pip has arrived!!! Love you!
ReplyDelete