Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Midwest is Flat but Family is Great

Last weekend I was back in Wisconsin for little Ali Lynn Kiefert's baptism.  Another member of the good team!!  Woo hoo!  It was a nice visit but it would have been much nicer if Sarah could have been with.  For her to come with we would have had to do red eye flights on Friday and Sunday, it would have cost another $150 per person... so we did the math and decided I'd stay an extra 2 days and save the money.  However, as I write this blog I must say - I'm sorry Luke and Jo.  I'm sorry for 2 reasons.  First of all, it sucks that although I was much closer to Chicago that I am as I lay on my bed in Snohomish, it was still a trek for a short weekend.  And secondly, I'm writing this blog on the Mac and my pictures from the weekend are not on this computer.  So you are stuck with another text filled blog :-). 

The weekend was nice.  I was able to spend all day Friday and Monday with the Kieferts.  Cayden did so great during what is normally the terrible twos but that means that the threes aren't so terrific afterall.  He's at the whining stage.  But it was sooooo awesome.  I was supposed to call Chrissy on Friday morning but I missed that memo.  So when I pulled up Cayden went to the window to see who was there.  First he was confused and then I saw his mouth say "Uncle Andy" and his face just lit up.  I wish I had a picture to share but at least the picture of that is in my head for good.  He was so fun to play with throughout the weekend.  And Ali is such an adorable little peanut.  She still only weighs 9 lbs and is a cutie!
 
I also got to spend some good time with mom and dad.  Mom and I dominated against Dad in cribbage, but then again I do need to give Dad props for beating me fair and square in 3 sets of tennis.  It was a really good weekend and made me realize how much I miss tennis.  But I also really missed my bike when we went for a little family bike ride and I was on my old mountain bike.  Man is that thing not comfortable :-)

Monday we went to the zoo and saw lots of animals.  It was warm... ok.. it was hot - like 90 degrees and I dont blame some of the animals for not wanting to be out walking around.  Cayden still enjoyed seeing a lot of animals and he was even able to feed the giraffe. 

Now if only I could get the family to move out here....

No comments:

Post a Comment