Monday, May 3, 2010

A Celebration of Life

Thank you to everyone! On Saturday we had a Cancer Free celebration at our place. We really missed all those who weren’t able to make it, but we also understand. We also really appreciate all those who were able to come at one time or another. Counting the various children, we counted 62 people who came to show their continued support, joy, and love. In fact, we originally thought that we would guarantee my parents the “farthest distance travelled” award, but then I was called into the house. To my complete surprise, my 2 aunts flew in for the day to celebrate. They left Green Bay at 7am and flew out at 11pm that night. I agree if you are thinking that they are utterly NUTS but it was also really really neat that they did that. Mine and Sarah’s parents were also really astonished and pleased to see all of the people coming through because it gave them a chance to meet more of our friends, co-workers, but most important to see the amount of support that we had to give us the strength we needed in the past 6 months. I really was humbled by all of this. So many people just coming to celebrate that I got through a rough six months. So many people to tell me that they were there because their prayers were answered. So many people who told us how we inspired them, whether that be through this blog, our trust, our love for them and their support, or even my willingness to get out of bed the day after treatment and drag myself into my office chair. And the reminder in one card of thanks for my willingness to simply be the vessel by which God could express His love and mercy for all of us.




It was a beautiful day!



And the food. If you are hungry, feel free to come on by some meal time to share in the leftovers  Everyone brought so much delicious food and drinks. It really helped out, and we don’t want anyone to be hungry .



Then there was a short period of time when I was… “missing”. A good friend of mine has a 2010 ZR1 and man is that thing sweet. Such a beautiful vehicle. I could go on and on about it, but I won’t . I did get to take it for a drive with my dad though and that was some good father/son bonding. 0-75 in the time that you can say…”woah.. sweet”. It really was a great opportunity and I’m very appreciative of the opportunity.



After everyone had headed home (including my parents flying out on Sunday), Sarah and I were reflecting on the day. It really reminded us of our wedding. So many people, so much love, but also nearly a blur. There were people we wished we could have had more time to talk to, but there just wasn’t enough time in the day. If you were one of those people, we are really sorry and please, let’s find some time that we can get together for dinner, lunch, or something because you are a very important part of our lives.



The party was also the start to a great week. Granted I have to go in for a CT scan in a matter of minutes, and have a check-up on Wednesday, this would normally be a chemo week – BUT NO MORE OF THAT!!!!



Praise God!!!



Keep praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment