Well the previous owner had more pots and hanging plants on the deck than we could ever imagine. But it was also nice because they had the holders that clamp to the deck which could hold the Topsy Turvy. However, after looking at it from the weight of the soil I didn't like how it was pushing down on the wood.
The previous owner also left some scrap wood from various little things that he did and from some landscaping. Well since we are still recently new homeowners I dont have the collection of tools that really makes you a handyman. But I imagine my great-great-great grandfather didn't have a tablesaw, skil saw, or other precision tools. So off to work I went with some nails, a hammer, a second hammer, tape measure, file, and a hand saw.
Why 2 hammers you ask? Well let's just say that Target isn't the best place to get a tool set. It was a great thought as a wedding gift and has helped us out, but when you actually want to do some work, let's be real. After the head completely broke off, it wasn't even salvagable and I decided it was time to just get an actual hammer.
I admit that the cuts aren't perfect, but you need to start somewhere. I put it in the ground right by where we plan on doing a full garden next spring and summer. I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the
Hey AJ,
ReplyDeleteGood job not throwing away perfectly good wood!
Nick
P.S. You can make snide comments on our blog if you want
I think you did a great job A.J. Grandpa would be proud! :)
ReplyDelete