Today is my parents' 31st wedding anniversary. Happy anniversary Mom and Dad!! 31 years. Sarah and I are only 1 year behind them :-). Not that my parents are old, because they aren't, but I always think it's so awesome when people who have been married for a long time celebrate. Especially when you are at church and hear of couples who have been married for 50 or even 60 years. It is great to think that since Sarah and I got married when we are so young we will hopefully get to that point. Just need to hope God keeps us both healthy.
My parents have been such a wonderful example of marital love for me. I know that Sarah's parents have been the same, but I haven't witnessed their marriage for the last 26 years of my life. It was always so great growing up because mom and dad never fought - a disagreement about if we should go to Brothers Three for pizza or just get Real Pizza to take home was a "big argument" in my mind. They have always told Chrissy and I that communication is the basis of every good relationship and they must have it. That and love.
I hope that Sarah and I continue to be so in love and maybe even someday my son will be laying on his couch smiling and just thinking about how great his parents are and how wonderful the love they for one another is. I'm excited for when you guys get to 50 or 60 years. Happy Anniversary! I love you Mom and Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment