After 2 long years of prerequisites, 2 grueling years within the nursing program, and several weeks of studying for the dreaded NCLEX...I demonstrated my competency in just 75 intensely difficult questions and...
....I'm a NURSE!!!
Last Friday I took my nursing board exam (aka the NCLEX-RN) and even though the test clicked off after the minimum number of questions, it felt like I had gotten beaten with a baseball bat. I found out online on Sunday that I passed, only to endure an endless chorus of "I told you so's" from my husband, parents and siblings.
I've already started my new position as a registered nurse (RN) in the float pool with the Everett Clinic. I finished my week and a half of orientation classes (computer classes, corporate compliance, etc...) and started training in my role earlier this week. It is definitely different from the inpatient world I have been used to the past few years, but I am interested and excited for what is in store. It was fun making my first patient phone calls, and assessing my first patient in the clinic. I love being a nurse!
Congratulations, Sarah! That's awesome news!
ReplyDelete