So last night Sarah and I went out with some friends. Mark and Maria (singers at our wedding) were getting together with some friends to celebrate their recent engagement - some called it a funeral of Mark's manhood but as a recently married man, I must say that it's a celebration. In fact, when Mark and I were out on the porch of his place, he was saying that it still hasn't sunk in that he is getting married. "It's like I've dreamed and waited all my life for this time and now there is an awesome girl who actually publicly says that she loves me."
"Mark," I said, "if you are excited about being engaged, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into - married life is 10 times more exciting than being engaged."
Granted, all married couples know that there is also more responsibility and more things to work through, but married life is just wonderful.
So, anyway, we met up at Mark's place and then went to Barca - a bar "2 blocks away" (really 7) on Capital Hill (aka Pill Hill). To get there we passed up a few groups of "interesting" people, a gay bar or two, and a "specialty store". It wasn't complete culture shock because Sarah and I have been around Capital Hill in the past, but it also brought back the laughs of when we were asked by the Seattle PD if we REALLY knew where we were at when we were waiting for a bus near Pioneer Square after the Beach Boys concert.
It was a fun night though. Getting home at 12:15 was a bit late for us (especially since Sarah worked at 7 this morning), but it was a good time. I dont think we'll be going back there anytime soon because we prefer to enjoy the company of people around us rather than not even being able to hear yourself think - but it was worth the experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment