Friday, January 16, 2009

Do I Know You?

A kind 0f cool thing happened to me today after my weekly Community Health seminar.

Just as my friends and I were about to cross the street, this man who was walking towards us called out "Sarah!!" It's always an embarrassing moment when someone looks familiar but you cannot place them, especially when they pick you out in a crowd and know your name! Anyway, the man could see that I was struggling to recognize him and asked "You don't know who I am, do you?" At this point, I had to admit that I did not. Unaffected by this, he continued,

"You delivered my wife's baby a month ago!"

How awesome that this man recognized me, amidst a group of chatty women, wearing normal clothes (instead of my purple school scrubs) and completely out of context. It was so touching!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! A new friend in the blogosphere! :)

    I will always remember the gal who delivered Ava...and some (I say SOME since my labor was absolutely horrific) of the wonderful nurses who helped me in the first crucial week we were in the hospital. You have such an amazing and rewarding job. It doesn't surprise me that the gentleman remembered your beautiful face.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! But I'm obviously still new at the whole blog thing since i just realized two minutes ago that you put a comment on here, over a month ago! haha. Baby steps I guess.

    ReplyDelete