It is so cliche, but as you get older, the years go by much faster. I sit in my workstation at work and think of all that happened in 2012. It seems like just a few months ago that I was cramming to get our approved RE Strategy pushed upstream to the CFO, and now we are right in the thick of updating a similar exercise. I look back at early 2012, and honestly wonder what it was like and how we even survived or did anything without Catherine in our lives. Some couples wonder when they will be "ready for kids" or what it would be like. Well, I can say that the opposite is true once you have children - "how did we live without them" and moreover, WHAT DID WE DO WITH ALL THAT TIME!?!?!
It is fair to say that I think this Christmas was my favorite Christmas of my entire adult life. Everything seemed just right and that it all fell into place perfectly. Granted there is the added magic of seeing Christmas through the eyes of your children, but it was such a wonderful time with family and friends. It would always be nice to see the entire family, but due to the distance, it just isn't feasible. Technology helps that, and even thinking of changing it up is challenging - there is just something special about being home for Christmas.
And now as we usher in 2013, I'm sure that this year will fly by with the same amount of excitement. I'm already eagerly awaiting late spring and summer. Dreaming of some little excursions I want to take on 2 wheels, and most of all, I'm really excited to be celebrating the 5 most blessed and amazing years being married to my best friend. Who knows what other excitement the year might bring. But most importantly, as we head into the new year, it is important to keep what really matters in the center of life: God, family and friends. The below picture was taken at Blessed Sacrament yesterday after mass for the Feast of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Happy 2013!


Loved reading this update:) So glad to hear you guys had such a wonderful Christmas! Your family is just beautiful. May God continue to bless all of you.
ReplyDelete