Well today is officially the end of day 1 on the project. Today was deemed DEMO DAY!! And I did just that. Last night I started with the carpet in the family room (which was also interesting to discover different previous modifications to the house). Then this morning I was planning to go full steam ahead. Key word in that one was "planning." I made my way to Duvall to rent a toe-kick saw and was remembering "I bike in Duvall, it isn't that far." I need to remind myself that I sometimes go for 60+ mile rides. Well then I made a total bonehead error and forgot to make the cuts around the island after I had returned it. So by the time I was actively going at the demo it was now 12:30. Despite being behind schedule, the hardwood came up really well once I got going with a method. I've got some clean up of cuts that were in hard to reach areas to get tomorrow morning (hopefully doesn't take too long), trip to the dumps with the carpet, and then some good sweeping/cleaning, and prepping for the floors. I think there is a chance that by the end of the day tomorrow, I'll either have some wood down or a good plan in place for Saturday AM. Here are some before pictures and progress update shots.
Gabbie's Play Room (the new set up will use this as an extended kitchen/dining with a sitting area in front of the fireplace)
Kitchen from the Dining Area
Living Room
Living Room
Carpet Removal - Living Room
Lots of carpet tacks to pull up
Pre Day 1 so it was still fun :)
Ordered 51 cases - 19sf/case
Carpet Removed from Dining Area
Pre-work into the kitchen
Kitchen Wood Out (anyone want some 3rd grade solid maple?!)
Wasn't Planning to do this much into the walkway, but caught up on schedule and went at it
View into walkway
No comments:
Post a Comment