Saturday, November 19, 2011

Tom and Jerry...

... actually it was more like Andrew and Jerry and then Nikki and Jerry.

So to give a little bit of a back story: Shortly after getting back from Austin, I noticed that there was a bunch of little ripped up pieces of paper in Sarah's car.  So I wondered if perhaps there was a mouse in the car and asked Sarah if she would keep an eye on things.  I'm 98% sure we know where it originated but that is beside the point.

Then when I was out doing some stuff on my bike I noticed some droppings in the garage too.  Operation Mouse began.  I set a trap with some peanut butter.  The next day, the peanut butter was gone, but the trap did not go off.  That night, we repeated the process... the mouse also repeated the process.  That day we also found some droppings under the sink.  HE GOT INTO THE HOUSE.  THIS MEANT WAR.

Family trip to Lowes was on the agenda for that day.  We got a new trap for the garage, a trap for Sarah's car, and a trap for under the sink.  I got home, cleaned out Sarah's car - including finding the bedroom that he decided to create in the car.  I left the car outside with the doors open hoping he would jump out.  That night I pulled the car in, set the trap, and it was a wait and see game at that point.

Sunday morning I woke up, went to the garage to get Nikki her breakfast, checked the back of the Kia and there was a little tail hanging out of the trap.  GOTCHA!!!!

But the war was not finished - just in case there were 2 or 3.  Since that day (about 2 weeks ago) we have seen no mouse activity so I'm pretty sure he worked on his own.  But we have left the traps set.

That being said, the trap in the garage is no longer set.  On Wednesday, Sarah took Gabbie and Nikki for a walk.  When they got back, Sarah was getting Gabbie out of her stroller, when Nikki realized there was some peanut butter sitting out.  SNAP *wimper, cry*.  I can just hear it all happening, "Oh Nikki honey.  Are you ok?" Followed by Nikki approaching Sarah with her tail between her legs in fear.

Poor little Nikki!  At least we dont have to worry about her begging for peanut butter anytime soon.

OUCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment