I'm know that many people who go through life as a couple without children, originally went into their marriage hoping to have children, but were unable. And I feel really bad for those people - I can't imagine what that would be like. But what I really dont understand are a few people that I know, who from the beginning have said that they dont want children. Now, I dont mean to get into the intention of their marriage and why they made that decision. Rather, the simple reason that I make that comment/generalization is because having a child is SO MUCH FUN!!!
Now I'm not saying that you have to have children when you are as "young" as Sarah and I, and I know some people just arent paternal as individuals or can't picture having kids. But I guess a better way to say it is that I could never picture myself being that type of person.
GABBIE IS A RIOT THESE DAYS!!!! She has her own language - it has gone from just being random sounds to a collection of sounds (and gestures) that go together. I couldn't tell you what she is even attempting to tell me 99% of the time, but I know she is communicating something. Yesterday she spent a good 30 minutes using me as her jungle gym. Climbing on me, rolling over me, running into me and stumbling over, bouncing on me, even placing her toy on my stomach just so she could climb over my head, sit down on my face and play with it for a while. This was followed by her getting off, coming up to my neck and saying what we think might be her first word "tickle" as she tickled my neck and Nikki joyfully joined in licking my face.
I WAS UNDER ATTACK!!!! And there was no fighting back because it was just so much fun. Gone are the days of Gabbie crawling. We can only refer to yesterdays when we talk about how Gabbie would walk around on her knees. She no longer goes into the bottom drawer of the kitchen to pull out all of the towels. No, those days have been replaced by her going into the second from the bottom drawer to pull out the large plastic spoons and cookie cutters (I bet Nikki wasn't expecting that this little human would want to mark her with a leaf or a spoon cookie cutter!)
Gabbie is still going through some "Mommy" phases where if Sarah is anywhere near she wants nothing to do with anyone else. But especially when you just "become one of her toys," I'm not sure if there has been anything more enjoyable in life.
We are so blessed!!
No comments:
Post a Comment